So the other night I left YouTube autoplay on and from one food video to another I ended up with Nigella making ramen and giiiirl (or whoever you are, hi) it made me crave something a lil spicy and a lil soupy! So I threw some bits in a pan et voila, a ramen-style bowl was born!
Now, I don’t have dried shiitake mushrooms on hand, but I do have yellow-sticker regular mushrooms and the ability to fry them. I also don’t make weird noises when I cook, unless you think my singing is a weird noise – In which case you’re probably right…
- Vegetable stock (if you can’t do dairy CHECK THE PACKET, they put milk in some stock but the Tesco Veg Stockpots are safe!)
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger (I use the Very Lazy ginger that is already grated, because I am very lazy)
- 1 Cup of sliced mushrooms
- A few handfuls of spinach or a leafy green of your choice
- A splash of sesame oil
- Two spring onions
- Chilli (either one fresh one or a few cracks of chilli from one of those grinders that I stole off my housemate…)
- A hardboiled egg
- Rice noodles (or whatever noodles tickle your pickle but rice noodles are gf, do with that information what you want!)
- A butt-load of water to make it soupy
- Fry off some sliced mushrooms in sesame oil
- Throw in your stockpot and as much boiling water as you need to fill a bowl with soup/ dissolve your stock. If you’re using a stock cube or other form that needs to be properly dissolved then follow those instructions, I’m not a chef!
- Add in your grated ginger and whichever form of chilli you’re using and bring to the boil
- Follow the packet instructions on your noodles, I just added mine to the pan here because all they needed was to sit in boiling water for a few minutes
- Turn down the heat and cover over, allowing to simmer for 5 minutes to let all the flavours do their thing
- Uncover and add in spinach to let it get wilty but not too wilty!
- Stir around, mixy mixy
- Pour into your bowl, sprinkle over with chopped spring onions
- Slice your boiled egg in half and add in
- Crack a lil more chilli over the top if you like the heat
- Get a tissue, you made it too hot and your nose is running, idiot!
- Optional: After 5 minutes, eat a bar of free-from chocolate
YAY ENJOY! Thanks to the people who seemed impressed by this, but also don’t be I just put things in a pan. I can’t afford Nigella’s ingredients so this is a nice budget friendly version!
See you in like another 6 months when I remember that I sometimes share recipes, KBYEEEEE